Why you need to switch to silk now!
Ever wondered what all the fuss is about when it comes to silk? Fear not - we’ve put together all you need to know about silk pillowcases so you can decide if it’s for you or not!
As you’ve probably heard, silk is AMAZING for your hair! Here‘s all you need to know!
1. Silk is a natural product containing silk proteins and amino acids, what does this mean for hair? Well, silk amino acids restore and rebuild the keratin of hair, reviving its natural strength and moisture! So using silk to tie up your hair or to sleep on actually helps to keep it strong and healthy!
2. It helps keep hair healthy. Cotton, nylon etc.
are more porous fabrics than silk, so traditional pillowcases absorb the moisture from your hair, while silk leaves the hydration and natural oils in your hair! So if you suffer from dry hair or a flaky scalp, a silk pillowcase is for you!!
3. Silk is a smooth fabric meaning when it is worn or slept on it reduces frizz, tangles, breakage and can even reduce splitends! So no more waking up with a bed head, just smooth, shiny, healthy hair.
What are the benefits of silk for your skin?
1. Helps to prevent wrinkles. Yep that’s right!! Sleeping on the smooth surface of a silk pillowcase reduces creasing of the skin that causes wrinkles.
2. Can reduce acne - the antibacterial properties in silk reduce the chances of breakouts!
3. Save on skincare! As silk does not absorb as much oil/products as cotton it is great at saving you some money on skincare! Less product being absorbed whilst you sleep means you can apply less before bed.
1. Enjoy a better nights sleep - are you constantly flipping your pillow to the cool side? Well not anymore, silk is a temperature regulating fabric meaning it keeps you cool in Summer and warm in the Winter.
2. Luxury - there is something about sleeping on silk that has a special feeling, its soft, shiny surface adds a touch of glamour to any bedroom.
Thinking of making the switch? Shop our 22 momme, 6A grade Mulberry Silk pillowcases here!